Veterans Day is a special day in our country. It is a day that we remember our fallen troops as well as the men and women who have fought in present day wars and past wars. Last week my 5th grade students wrote letters to soldiers over in Iraq. My students were really excited about the project because many of them have family members that are veterans. We put together a care package for them and sent it off. They have also have been practicing for the "I'm An American" program that is taking place in March 2012. There is a song that I have been thinking about a lot lately and thought I would share on this American holiday. This song is called "American Tears" and here are the lyrics:
Sometimes I think about America.
About her struggles through the years.
I think of people who...did what they had to do.
With the strength to act through their fears.
Sometimes I think about America. About her future and her past.
I know I'm blessed to be living in liberty.
In a land where freedom will last.
For the heroes. For the patriots. For the soldiers.
For all the pioneers. I will always be an American.
And I'll always cry American tears.
Sometimes I think about America. About her people's legacy.
I wonder if they knew... that whatt they had to do
Would be known throughout history.
Sometimes I think about America. About her pain along the way.
I know it had to be.. for our democracy.
For the world we live in today.
For the heroes. For the patriots. For the soldiers.
For all the pioneers. I will always be an American.
And I'll always cry American tears.
On this Veterans Day let us remember the troops past and present, and the freedoms they have fought for.
HAPPY VETERANS DAY!



No comments:
Post a Comment