Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Story

Randy and I have been married for 21 months today. As we approach our 2 year anniversary I got to thinking about how we met, dating life, and eventually getting married. I know the story and I know that many others who know me know the story but I wanted to write it down so I don't forget any details and then some day my children will be able to read it.
It all started back in October of 2004, my junior year of high school. I came to Blackfoot for UEA weekend from school to watch my cousin Brian play football. Brian was dating a now great friend of mine Marisa (Park) Haycock. I went to the football game at Blackfoot high school and there I met several people but it was also the night I met Randy Purcell for the first time. He was just standing there with his good friend Mike Packer wearing his leathermans jacket acting as if he owned the world. He looked mean and to be honest I was afraid of him. We said hi to each other and that was that. Over the next two years whenever I came to Idaho and we saw each other we talked and hung out a few times with a bunch of people but that was pretty much it. (I just have to throw this little note in here: I had a huge crush on Randy from the moment I met him) It wasn't until the summer of 2006 after we had graduated from high school that I moved to Blackfoot for the summer to work and play before starting college in the fall. It was this summer that Randy and I got to know each other very well and hung out a lot. After that summer was over I moved back to Orem to go to college. In October of 2006 I got Randy's cell phone number from my friend Amanda. I called him and we chatted for a few minutes. Meanwhile Randy was dating another girl but we continued to talk about once over week or so. I came up to Blackfoot that Christmas and Randy and I hung out for the first time by ourselves for an entire day and it was then that I fell hard for him but I didn't tell him that of course. So a few months go by and I find out that Randy and my Spring Break are on the same week. So I come up to Idaho for five days to hang out with Randy(still thinking that he is dating this girl from last October) and we go snowmobiling and watch movies etc. Well it was the night before I was supposed to go back to Utah and we are watching a movie and he holds my hand for the first time. I was so giddy and happy but at the same time I thought he was still dating this girl but he wasn't and he just never told me. Well it was the next day that we became official boyfriend and girlfriend. Randy received his mission call that same weekend and was leaving on May 9th 2007. So we dated for about 2 months in which he came down to visit me a few times and we had our first kiss. It was on April 23, 2007 that Randy and I both said I love you too each other. We had phone dates every night at 9:00 because we were in two different states. Randy was speaking in church for his farewell talk and I came up to listen to him. That was the best/hardest weekend of my life because I knew that I had to say goodbye for two years and I had a feeling we would eventually get married but a lot could happen in two years and I was nervous and sad because I just wasn't sure. Randy left on his mission on May 9, 2007 to Winnipeg Canada. It was the longest and hardest two years of my life but totally worth it. We wrote each other every week sometimes more and grew in love and as friends for those two years. He returned home from his mission on May 15, 2009 and we immediately started dating. He said he needed to date other girls and I knew he would want to but it broke my heart anyways. Well he went on one date and decided nope I just want to date you! I was the happiest girl on the planet. We dated for about six weeks and were engaged on July 3rd 2009 and we married 3 months to the day he got home from his mission on August 15, 2009 in the Draper Utah Temple. That was the happiest day of my life because I was sealed for time and all eternity to my best friend and the man of my dreams. Now almost two years later we have had our struggles and disagreements but we continue to grow in love each day.

2 comments:

  1. I vividly remember that football game! so much fun that you were there. i would have never guessed at that time you two would one day be married, but i'm so glad it worked out, randy's great!

    ReplyDelete