
I am going to break up the Oregon trip into parts because there a lot of pictures and we did some fun things on different days. Last Friday morning Randy, me, Blake, and Diana hit the road going west toward Portland, Oregon. We were going for the weekend because Randy's best friend from high school Mike Packer got married. We left at 6:00 and stopped in Twin Falls for breakfast with my brother-in-law Jared and his girlfriend Nikelle. We continued on our journey for another ten hours or so. We made some stops along the way. We got to Portland at about seven because we got stuck in traffic for about in hour. We got to the hotel checked in and went to sleep. We had to be up early the next day because we went to the sealing of Mike and Alexis at the Portland Oregon Temple. It was just a beautiful ceremony and I am so glad we were able to attend. It meant a lot to Mike's family that we traveled that far. After we waited for the happy couple to come out. We busied ourselves by talking and taking pictures around the temple grounds. After pictures we went to a wedding lunch at Olive Garden. It was really good, but I must say the water in Oregon is disgusting! That is the first part more to come in another post.

A view of Portland from the car, while stuck in traffic


Another view it was raining constantly

Randy and I all dressed up for the sealing



Randy and I

Blake and Diana by a pretty flower bush

A shot of the temple on the side

Just out of the temple

Randy and Mike

The happy couple Mike and Lexie Packer


The temple grounds had some amazing flowers
I was really thankful that we were able to go this sealing because it put into perspective how important life and my marriage is to me. Hearing the sealer talk about how to cherish one another and love each other know matter what really moved me. I was glad to be able to see this temple and to feel the spirit so strongly. The grounds were so beautiful with lots of flowers, water fountain, a pond, and tons of trees that had moss all over them. It was a cool and kind of wet day(from the day before) but so nice. I feel so blessed to visit a new temple whenever I get the chance.
No comments:
Post a Comment