Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Thoughts

I am now in my fifth week of student teaching and each week we have a cohort meeting to discuss what is happening and a certain topic. I have the sweetest clinical supervisor. She is so supportive and flexible and our number one fan. Each week she brings a quote and a treat for us. The past three weeks have been such awesome quotes that I have tried to incorporate into my teaching or personality. I have to share them with others as well.

"Your students deserve more than your knowledge. They deserve and hunger for your inspiration. They want the warm glow of personal relationships. This always has been the hallmark of a great teacher."
                                                                                           -Gordon B. Hinckly

"You don't have the power to make rainbows or waterfalls, sunsets or roses, but you do have the power to bless people by your words and smiles. You carry within you the power to make the world better."

"I've come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It's my persaonl approach that creates the climate. It's my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child's life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a person humanized or de-humanized."
                                                                                           -Haim Ginott

No comments:

Post a Comment