Yesterday Randy, me, Brian, and Celia were driving to Idaho Falls from Blackfoot and we saw a herd of cow elk on the side of the freeway. Then today Randy and I were driving in the foothills right behind our house and we saw eight bull elk. The really weird thing is that elk aren't around here much because of being killed by wolves or migrating. It is a very rare event to ever see elk in the forest, let alone in the foothills by people and the freeway. I was really excited because I had never really seen elk in the wild before and to see them two days in a row in unexpected places was really awesome! It really made my whole day and I thought I would share with my blog readers.
Cow elk

Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment