
Recently I was reading this blog that I came across about a young couple who lossed their 18 month old baby in a water accident. This happened about 4 months ago. The short version is this little girl fell into a canal and was rescued by a farmer who found her. She was taken to EIRMC but then flown to PCMC in Salt Lake. She was there for about a week but then returned home to her Heavenly Father.
This post is not only about that sweet little girl whom I have never met but also her parents, who I also have never met, it is about the strength they have and the trial they are enduring. While I was reading this blog I was crying my eyes out as though I was experiencing it with this family. It truly touched my heart and helped to strengthen my testimony. The saying "I CAN DO HARD THINGS" was on this blog and it got me to thinking. I can to hard things no matter what it is. If I have the help of the Savior on my side I can do anything.
The mother and father enduring the trial of their daughter made me think of myself and my future as a mother. I hope that I have half of the strength they have. The gospel is such an amazing thing. Without it I have no idea where I would be. A quote by Neal A. Maxwell comes to mind. It says, "Rather than simply passing through trials, we must allow trials to pass through us in ways that santify us. Trying to comprehend the trials and meaning of this life without understanding Heavenly Father's marvelously encompassing plan of salvation is like tryin to undertand a three-act play while seeing only the second act. Fortunately, our knowledge of the Savior, Jesus Christ, and His Atonement helps us endure our trials and to see purpose in suffering and to trust God for what we cannot comprehend."
The scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 121:7-8 that says, "My son, peace be unto they soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all they foes." Just a little gospel message I wanted to share with you. Be grateful for the time you have with your loved ones and don't take them for granted, you never know when they will leave this earth. Live each day to the fullest! My thoughts and prayers are with this young family in there time of need.


No comments:
Post a Comment