Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thoughts

I know it has been a long time since I have blogged but life has been super busy with my teaching and keeping up with all the everyday things that need to be handled.
I just wanted to share my thoughts about that happened this weekend in Connecticut. As a regular person I was thinking that it is a huge tragedy and I think who would ever do something like that. But being a teacher puts a whole new meaning to on it for me. Let's just say it has been quite the emotional weekend. I heard about the shooting from my husband who was watching it at the airport. I wasn't at home at the time so I couldn't turn on the T.V. and watch it for myself. I really didn't want to because I didn't want to think about those poor innocent children and faculty that went through such a terrible thing. All I could think about all weekend were my kids and how glad I was that they were safe at home with their families. I thought about each and every one of my kids and thought how grateful I am for each and everyone of them and how special they are to me.
It made me think about it what I would do if any harm ever came to my kids and without a doubt I would do what those teachers did who died saving their kids. I look up to those teachers and want to be exactly like them. It is people like them that made me want to become and teacher and it just soldifies to me that I am doing what I was meant to do with my life.
My thoughts and prayers are with the families that were affected by this horrific tragedy. I know without a doubt that those kids are at peace and with their Heavenly Father. This picture is the perfect image that has brought me peace this weekend.


It is entitle "Security" and I know that those kids are very secure in the place they are now at. They  died far to young and innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment